Make your life easier! There are various benefits of using a CMS.
A Content Management System (CMS) enables you to update content yourself through a control panel without having to know any coding languages. With a CMS, you have a database-driven, dynamic website.
You can manage large content and display up-to-date information. In other words, you are always in full control of your site and won’t need to pay me or any other web designer when you want to update your content!
There are hundreds of different Content Management Systems. Having worked with a wide array of them, I now choose to work exclusively with Joomla!, Joomla is the simplest, most user-friendly yet powerful CMS currently available. Better yet, it is Open Source. Open Source, unlike proprietary content management systems, means the source code is freely available under the terms of the GNU General Public License (GPL) and is not subject to costly licensing agreements. Joomla is used by individuals, small and medium-sized businesses, and large organizations worldwide to easily create a variety of websites
The benefits of a CMS:
- It doesn't require knowledge of HTML
- It's scalable and allows your site to grow with your business
- Website management without the need to involve a dedicated web designer
- It has an inbuilt backup facility
- A CMS ensures that all the pages are consistent in design
- Easy implementation of documents, videos, texts, graphics
- It can manage multi-lingual web sites
Why would you need a CMS?
- If you change the content of your site frequently, then you urgently need a CMS.
- A CMS not only reduces the maintenance costs, it also manages the content more effectively
- A CMS allows you to make instant, real-time changes on your website.
- You definitely need a CMS to run a web shop.
An example of how easy to add or edit articles in a CMS based web site: